|1985. 03-1988. 02||KAIST, Molecular Biology (Ph.D.)|
|1983. 01-1984. 12||University of Pittsburgh, Molecular Biology(Ph.D. courses completed)|
|1980. 03-1982. 02||Seoul National University Graduate School, Microbiology (M.S.)|
|1976. 03-1980. 02||Seoul National University, Microbiology (B.S.)|
|2010.2-Present||Professor, Department of Systems Immunology, College of Biomedical Science, Kangwon National University|
|1996.1-2010.1||Head, Antibody Engineering Lab, KRIBB|
|1990.3-1995.12||Senior Research Scientist, Protein Engineering Center, KRIBB|
|2007.3-2010.1||Professor, Department of Biomolecule, University of Science and Technology|
- Y. S. Son, J. H. Park, Y. K. Kang, J.-S. Park, H. S. Choi, J. Y. Lim, J. E. Lee, J. B. Lee, M. S. Ko, Y.-S. Kim, J.-H. Ko, H. S. Yoon, K.-W. Lee, C. J. Ryu, and H. J. Hong (2005) Heat shock 70-kD protein 8 isoform 1 (HSPA8) is expressed on the surface of human embryonic stem cells and down-regulated upon differentiation. Stem Cells 23(10) 1502-1513.
- K-H. Lee, C. J. Ryu, H. J. Hong, J. Kim, and E. H. Lee (2005). cDNA microarray analysis of nerve growth factor-regulated gene expression profile in rat PC12 cells. Neurochemical Research. 30(4), 533-54
- N.-K. Lim, J.-W. Kim, M. S. Oh, S. Lee, S.-Y. Kim, K.-S. Kim, H.-J. Kang, H. J. Hong, and K.-S. Inn (2005) An anthrax lethal factor-neutralizing monoclonal antibody protects rats before and after challenge with anthrax toxin. Infect. Immune. 73(10):6547-6551. (co-corresponding author)
- S.-J. Hwang, H. H. Choi, K.-T. Kim, H. J. Hong, G. Y. Koh, and G. M. Lee (2005) Expression and purification of recombinant human angiopoietin-2 produced in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Protein Expression and Purification 39:175-183.
- S. O. Yoon, T. S. Lee, S. J. Kim, M. H. Jang, J. H. Park, K.-S. Kim, H. S. Lee, C. J. Ryu, N. R. Gonzales, S. V. S. Kashmiri, S. M. Lim, C. W. Choi, and H. J. Hong (2006) Construction, affinity maturation, and biological characterization of an anti-tumor-associated glycoprotein-72 humanized antibody. J. Biol. Chem. 281:6985-6992.
- B. B. Haines, C. J. Ryu, S. Chang, A. Protopopov, A. Luch, Y. H. Kang, D. D. Draganov, M. F. Fragoso, S. G. Paik, H. J. Hong, R. A. DePinho, and J. Chen (2006) Block of T cell development in P53-deficient mice accelerates development of lymphomas with characteristic RAG-dependent cytogenetic alterations. Cancer cell. 9: 109-120.
- C.-H. Cho, H.-K Sung, K.-T. Kim, H. G. Cheon, G. T. Oh, H. J. Hong, O.-J. Yoo, and G. Y. Koh (2006) COMP-Ang1 promotes wound healing through enhanced angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis and blood flow in a diabetic mouse model. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 103:4946-4951.
- N.-K. Lim, J.-H. Kim, S.-Y. Kim, H.-J. Kang, K.-S. Kim, S. Lee, H. J. Hong, and K.-S. Inn (2006) Monoclonal anti-thrombopoietin antibodies generated by genetic immunization. Hybridoma 25(2):75-79.
- S. C. Chun, M. S. Kim, H. J. Hong, and G. M. Lee (2006) Limitations to the development of humanized antibody producing Chinese hamster ovary cells using glutamine synthetase-mediated gene amplification. Biotechnology Progress 22(3):770-780
- S.-W. Chi, C.-Y. Maeng, S. J. Kim, M. S. Oh, C. J. Ryu, S. J. Kim, K.-H. Han, H. J. Hong, and S. E. Ryu (2007) Broadly neutralizing anti-hepatitis B virus antibody reveals a complementarity determining region H3 lid-opening mechanism. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 104:9230-9235. (co-corresponding author)
- M.-Y. Park, J.-H. Moon, K.-S. Lee, H.-I. Choi, J. Chung, H. J. Hong, E. Kim (2007) FAF1 suppresses IkappaB kinase (IKK) activation by disrupting the IKK complex assembly. J. Biol. Chem. 2007 Sep 21;282(38):27572-27577.
- SJ, Jang MH, Ahn HJ, Kim JH, Lim JH, Ryu CJ, Lim NK, Kim KS, Park MJ, Park I, Hong HJ (2008) Selection of an affinity-matured antibody against a defined epitope by phage display of an immune antibody library. J Immunol Methods. 329(1-2):176-83.
- Jung H, Lee KP, Park SJ, Park JH, Jang YS, Choi SY, Jung JG, Jo K, Park DY, Yoon JH, Park JH, Lim DS, Hong GR, Choi C, Park YK, Lee JW, Hong HJ, Kim S, Park YW.(2008) TMPRSS4 promotes invasion, migration and metastasis of human tumor cells by facilitating an epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncogene. 27: 2635-2647.
- Kim KS, Lee YK, Kim JS, Koo KH, Hong HJ, Park YS (2008) Targeted gene therapy of LS174 T human colon carcinoma by anti-TAG-72 immunoliposomes. Cancer Gene Ther. 15: 331-340.
- Kim HS, SY Yi, HJ Jun, JS Ahn, M-J Ahn, J L, Y Kim, ZY Cui, HJ Hong, J-M Kim, S Li, IG Hwang, K Park (2009) L1 cell adhesion molecule as a predictor for recurrence in pulmonary carcinoids and large-cell neuroendocrine tumors. APMIS 117: 140-146.
- Li S, Cho YS, Lee J-H, Min J-K, Lee ES, Kim J-M, Hong HJ (2009) L1 cell adhesion molecule is a novel poor prognostic factor in extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 15: 7345-7351.
- S-W Chi, J Kim, G-S Yi, HJ Hong, SE Ryu (2009) Broadly neutralizing anti-HBV antibody binds to non-epitope regions of preS1. FEBS Lett. 583:3095-3100.
- K-S Kim, P-K Myung, HJ Hong (2010) Construction of humanized antibody to hepatitis B surface antigen by specificity-determining residues(SDR)-grafting and de-immunization Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 396: 231-237.
- J-K Min, J-M Kim, S Li, JW Lee, H Yoon, CJ Ryu, SH Jeon, J-H Lee, JY Kim, HK Yoon, YK Lee, B-H Kim, YS Son, HS Choi, N-K Lim, D-G Kim, and HJ Hong (2010) L1 cell adhesion molecule is a novel therapeutic target in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 16: 3571-3580.
- CH Wei, ES Lee, JY Jeon, Y-S Heo, SJ Kim, YH Jeon, KH Kim, HJ Hong, SE Ryu (2011) Structural mechanism of the antigen recognition by the L1 cell adhesion molecule antibody A10-A3. FEBS Letters 585: 153-158. (co-corresponding author)
- HH Yoon, J-K Min, JW Lee, D-G Kim and HJ Hong (2011) Acquisitionofchemoresistanceinintrahepaticcholangiocarcinomacellsby activationofAKTandextracellularsignal-regulatedkinase(ERK)1/2. BiochemBiophysResCommun 405: 333-337.
- Jung J, Son YS, Park H, Jeon SK, Lee JW, Choi SY, Kim JM, Kwon YG, Hong HJ, Min JK (2011) The cell adhesion molecule L1 promotes gallbladder carcinoma progression in vitro and in vivo. Oncol Rep 25(4):945-52. (co-corresponding author)
- Song-Yi Choi MD, Young Suk Jo MD, Song-Mei Huang MD, Zhe Long Liang MD, Jeong-Ki Min MD, Hong HJ, Jin-Man Kim (2011) L1 cell adhesion molecule as a novel independent poor prognostic factor in gallbladder carcinoma. Human pathology (2011.04.14) 42, 1476-1483. (co-corresponding author)
- Jeong-Ki Min, Hongryeol Park, Hyun-Jung Choi, Yonghak Kim, Bo-Jeong Pyun, Vijayendra Agrawal, Byeong-Wook Song, Jongwook Jeon, Yong-Sun Maeng, Seung-Sik Rho, Sungbo Shim, Jin-Ho Chai, Bon-Kyoung Koo, Hyo Jeong Hong, Chae-Ok Yun, Chulhee Choi, Young-Myoung Kim, Ki-Chul Hwang, and Young-Guen Kwon (2011) The WNT antagonist Dickkopf2 promotes angiogenesis in rodent and human endothelial cells. Journal of Clinical Investigation 121(5):1882-1893
- Yeon Sung Son, Rho Hyun Seong, Chun Jeih Ryu, Yee Sook Cho, Kwang-Hee Bae, Sang J. Chung, Bonghee Lee, Jeong-Ki Min, Hyo Jeong Hong (2011.12.29) Brief Report: L1 Cell Adhesion Molecule, a Novel Surface Molecule of Human Embryonic Stem cells, Is Essential for Self-Renewal and Pluripotency, STEM CELLS 29(12):2094?2099
- Yoon H, Min JK, Lee DG, Kim DG, Koh SS, Hyo Jeong Hong (2012.03) L1 cell adhesion molecule and epidermal growth factor receptor activation confer cisplatin resistance in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma cells, Cancer Letters 316(1):70-6
- Lee ES, Jeong MS, Singh R, Jung J, Yoon H, Min J-K, HJ Hong (2012.04.17) Construction and characterization of a chimeric antibody to L1 cell adhesion molecule in an intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma model. Experimental and Molecular Medicine 4(44):293-302.
- MK Ki, MH Jeoung, JR Choi, S-S Rho, Y-G Kwon, H Shim, J Chung, HJ Hong, BD Song and S Lee (2013) Human antibodies targeting the C-type lectin-like domain of the tumor endothelial cell marker clec14a regulate angiogenic properties in vitro. Oncogene 32:5449?5457
- Rohit Singh, Woo Jin Kim, Pyeung-Hyeun Kim and Hyo Jeong Hong (2013) Combined blockade of HER2 and VEGF exerts greater growth inhibition of HER2-overexpressing gastric cancer xenografts than individual blockade. Experimental & Molecular Medicine 45, e52; doi:10.1038/emm.2013.111
- Euihan Jung, Jungmin Lee, Hyo Jeong Hong, Insoo Park, and Younghoon Lee (2014) RNA recognition by a human antibody against brain cytoplasmic 200 RNA. RNA 20: 805-814.
- Jin Hong Kim, Philippe Gripon, Fidaa Bouezzedine, Mun Sik Jeong, Seung-Wook Chi, Seong-Eon Ryu, and Hyo Jeong Hong (2015) Enhanced humanization and affinity maturation of neutralizing anti-hepatitis B virus preS1 antibody based on antigen-antibody complex structure. FEBS Letters 589: 193?200.
- Sang-Hyun Lee, In Cheul Jeung, Tae Woo Park, Kyungmin Lee, Dong Gwang Lee, Young-Lai Cho, Tae Sup Lee, Hee-Jun Na, Young-Jun Park, Hee Gu Lee, Mun Sik Jeong, Kwang-Hee Bae, Sang Chul Lee, Hyo Jin Lee, Young-Guen Kwon, Hyo Jeong Hong, Jang-Seong Kim, Jeong-Ki Min (2015) Extension of the in vivo half-life of endostatin and its improved anti-tumor activities upon fusion to a humanized antibody against tumor-associated glycoprotein 72 in a mouse model of human colorectal carcinoma. Oncotarget 6 (9): 7182-7194. (co-corresponding author)
- Byungtae Hwang, Sang-Hyun Lee, Jang-Seong Kim, Ji Hyun Moon, In Cheul Jeung, Na Geum Lee, Jongjin Park, Hyo Jeong Hong, Young-Lai Cho, Haiyoung Jung, Young-Jun Park, Seon-Jin Lee, Hee Gu Lee, Won Kon Kim, Baek Soo Han, Kwang-Hee Bae, Sang J. Chung, Young-Guen Kwon, Sang Chul Lee, Sang Jik Kim, Jeong-Ki Min (2015) Stimulation of angiogenesis and survival of endothelial cells by human monoclonal Tie2 receptor antibody. Biomaterials 51: 119-128.